Hi there. It’s Áine here to help you on your weaving journey.
I've been designing and weaving original tapestry wall pieces since 1985. My pieces have been sold to many private and corporate clients. I am excited to pass on the ancient skill of hand weaving tapestry to you. I have created a very special online course so you can now explore this ancient craft from the comfort of your own home. Time to create your very own heirloom and piece of art.
ONLINE TAPESTRY WEAVING FOR BEGINNERS - A VIDEO COURSE
This is an easy-to-follow online course aimed at complete beginners consisting of 9 videos which contain expert guidance on how to create and weave your very own tapestry.
Each lesson contains a video with accompanying notes and you can complete each lesson at your own pace and at a time that suits you. If you take a single class each day and complete each task you will have your first tapestry within 10 days.
- Lesson 1 - Looms and how to use them, prepare your loom for weaving
- Lesson 2 - Tapestry Knots
- Lesson 3 - Bobbin Making and Weaving Stripes
- Lesson 4 - Vertical Stripes and Joining in threads
- Lesson 5 - Wavy Lines
- Lesson 6 - Weaving Squares
- Lesson 7 - Triangle
- Lesson 8 - Weaving a half circle
- Lesson 9 - Finishing off your tapestry and displaying it.
- BONUS 1 - A personal live one hour tutorial with Áine to discuss your progress and tease out any questions you may have in relation to the techniques. This tutorial will be held at a suitable date and time and will be arranged at your discretion.
- BONUS 2 - A craft box including a loom, some wool and a darning needle delivered straight to your home. You will receive links to suppliers and tapestry organisations.
- BONUS 3 - Áine will share photos of your work on her social media platforms with your permission
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Upon receiving your payment you will be given your own access link to 9 lesson videos and accompanying instructions. Each lesson is yours to keep and you will be able to refer back to it at any time. If life gets busy and days pass you by you can easily pick up where you left off in your own time. You will have unlimited access to your course.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Anyone who has an interest in fabrics or fibres. Maybe you have wondered how cloth is made or have admired the great woven tapestries that hang on castle walls or adorn a meeting room, church or gallery. You may be a buyer who wishes to find out more about how tapestries are constructed. Or you wish to gain a new skill from your own home that harks back to the start of civilisation itself. Either way this course is for you if you
- Want to explore your creativity from home
- Wish to create your own magical heirloom and tapestry work of art
- Are inspired by your love of fashion and textiles
- Want to start a new hobby
- Want to ignite each day with the wonderful world of colour
- Want to explore weaving as a meditative and therapeutic tool
- Want to connect to the threads of our ancestors through this daily activity
- Create your life tapestry
- Wish to find out how fabric is made
Inspired by our ancestors this craft is accessible here and now with easy to achieve results.
Follow the patterns and shapes with colours of your choice and surround yourself with designs that inspire awe and wonder in every day.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
This course offers you
* 9 x online classes value €450
* One bespoke personal tutorial from Aine value €150
* One Craft Box containing a loom, wool and darning needle delivered direct to your door value €50
The total value of this course is €650 and My Special Launch price is just €130 - a saving of 80%
Places are limited - book your place today and start your creative journey now. This very special price is available only until Sept 23rd 2022 .